The East Anglian Film Archive, the first and largest Regional Film Archive in England, was established in 1976. Since 1984, EAFA has been owned and operated by the University of East Anglia, Norwich (UEA), to support research and work to preserve our moving image heritage. More than 250 hours are freely available online as examples of the wide range of film which attracts interest the world over.
This film is part of Free
Read's Flour Mill
Between the River Wensum and King Street stood Albion Mill, an 1837 yarn mill, repurposed in 1932 as a flour mill by Robert John Read.
From the collection of:
Albion spinning mill was used for making worsted silk and mohair before being converted for making confectionery and then used for many years as the Read Woodrow flour mill. This location was also the site of St Olave's chapel which was demolished in the 14th century. After the Read Woodrow business closed in 1993 shortly after this film was made, the building stood empty for a decade until it was finally sold in 2005 and subsequently re-developed into riverside apartments.