Anglia Television report from Norfolk’s County Ground at Lakenham where a 2-day match between the West Indies and Minor Counties takes place in June 1966. We hear from Barbadian cricketer Conrad Hunte, Vice-Captain of the West Indies team, as well as seeing some of the match highlights. The 2-day match started with the West Indies team winning the toss and deciding to field first, and was completed by their win by an innings and 33 runs.
The County Ground in Lakenham was a cricket ground for over two hundred years, with Norfolk County Cricket Club its most regular users. Its thatched roof pavilion was officially opened by Russell Colman, Lord Lieutenant of Norfolk in June 1936, built as a memorial to Captain Geoffrey Colman, Russell’s son, who had left a sum of money to be spent for the benefit of the employees of Colman’s Carrow Works. Since 2001, Manor Park, Horsford has been the home of Norfolk cricket. To much disappointment, Lakenham's historic pavilion had its last innings in 2013, being completely destroyed and the ground redeveloped for housing.
The East Anglian Film Archive, the first and largest Regional Film Archive in England, was established in 1976. Since 1984, EAFA has been owned and operated by the University of East Anglia, Norwich (UEA), to support research and work to preserve our moving image heritage. More than 250 hours are freely available online as examples of the wide range of film which attracts interest the world over.