Norwich was home to builder Jim Youngs and his wife Vi. For the Youngs, Christmas was a time for the family to get together and share a special day. 1952 was no exception with Jim's parents Granny and Grandpa John, his 3 sisters Connie, Evelyn and Joyce and their expanding families all congregating at no.17 Ipswich Road where Jim and Vi hosted lunch for more than 30 people. After lunch the party guests relaxed in the garden before heading inside again for more festive fun.
Mosts guests did not have far to travel home. Grandpa John and Granny, Jim and his 2 sisters, Connie and Joyce all lived in a row next door to each other along Ipswich Road nos. 17 to 25 with their other sister Evelyn in Cecil Road just round the corner.
The East Anglian Film Archive, the first and largest Regional Film Archive in England, was established in 1976. Since 1984, EAFA has been owned and operated by the University of East Anglia, Norwich (UEA), to support research and work to preserve our moving image heritage. More than 250 hours are freely available online as examples of the wide range of film which attracts interest the world over.