A crowd of 13,000 watched this prestigious 14 October 1905 match at Manchester City's Hyde Road ground. Much of the action was filmed from behind the English goal, guarded by Derby County's Harry Maskrey. The Football League went on to win the match 4-0. Commissioned by American Bioscope the film was shown at the nearby Empire, in Manchester's Ardwick Green.
Though billed in local press as 'England v Ireland' the match was not a full international but an inter-league match featuring players representing each league.